Emergency Response Demonstrations
On August 30, 2016 at the ITS Pennsylvania / Mid-Atlantic Institute of Transportation Engineers Annual Meeting a demonstration was held on on how Connected Vehicle technologies will benefit emergency responders at Penn State’s Larson Institute test track. The National Operations Center of Excellence (NOCoE) recorded the following on their YouTube channel:
- Overview by Patrick Son, NOCoE
- Inteview with Leslie Richards, PennDOT
- Interview with Tracie Young-Brungard, Pleasant Gap Fire Company
- Interview with Lou Brungard, Pleasant Gap Fire Company
- Interview with Eric Donnell, Penn State University
- Interview with Chuck Yorks, Gannett-Fleming
Emergency Response Day has been an ITS Annual Meeting tradition since 2011. Each year the ITS Annual Meeting brings together emergency responders and transportation industry professionals to highlight specific technology solutions that protect travelers and the public safety personnel who serve them.
Emergency Response Day 2015 featured a Data Jam where responders, students, and ITS professionals worked together to develop application ideas to solve major data, communications, and safety issues in the world of Traffic Incident Management and Emergency Response. More infromation on the Data Jam is here.
Emergency Response Day 2014 featured a mock-incident held on Belle Isle in Detroit: