Integrating TMCs and PSAPs to Improve Incident Response
Traffic or transportation management centers (TMCs) are the heart of operations for most transportation agencies. They monitor and evaluate conditions on the transportation system through cameras, detectors, and other instrumentation, and they operate the system through traffic control and information distribution. Public safety answering points (PSAPs) are the communication centers for public safety response agencies, receiving 911 calls, dispatching responders and resources, and monitoring incident communications. They each use communication and data systems that are rarely integrated to share data and enhance agency efficiency and response effectiveness. This webinar looks at the opportunities for integrating TMCs and PSAPs, examples of integration initiatives in Minnesota and at the U.S. Canadian border in New York, and some of the benefits and challenges of integration.
Attendees of this webinar will be able to:
- Understand the types and levels of TMC-PSAP integration
- Identify benefits and challenges of integration
- Look at examples of center-to-center integration
- Explore additional research needs
- Pat Noyes, Principal | Pat Noyes & Associates, Boulder, CO, USA
- Athena Hutchins, Executive Director | Niagara International Transportation Technology Coalition, Buffalo, NY, USA
- John McClellan, Freeway Operations Supervisor | Minnesota Department of Transportation, St. Paul, MN, USA
This fee includes a live web event, an archived recording, webinar evaluation, 1.5 PDH credits, and a certificate of completion.